Hearty Broccoli Soup
This hearty Broccoli soup recipe is a tasty vegetarian treat. The same method can also be used to make cauliflower soup.
It’s a useful recipe to have at hand owing to the number of variations you can create. Adding steamed beans or chopped celery are also great ways to add interest. My favorite is adding a decent chunk of cheddar cheese to taste.
Garnish with sesame seeds, a small floret of broccoli or a sprig of mint.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 5 cups water
- Chunk all parts of the broccoli.
- Steam the broccoli until it id tender.
- Put the broccoli chunks through the blender until pureed
- Add the oil to the pot, add flour, stir, then add gradually part of the broccoli water used for steaming and simmer until you have a thin white sauce.
- Add the pureed broccoli and the remaining water.
- Bring to a boil, add salt to taste.