Here’s a handy guide on how to freeze turnips, so you can enjoy them all year round.
If you’re anything like me, you love turnips. They’re versatile, delicious, and nutritious. But if you’re not careful, they can go bad quickly. That’s why it’s important to know how to properly freeze turnips. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by washing the turnips thoroughly. This will remove any dirt or other contaminants that could cause them to spoil when in storage.
- Next, cut the turnips into smaller pieces. This will help them freeze more evenly and make them easier to use later on.
- Once they’re cut up, blanch the turnips in boiling water for two minutes. This will stop the enzymatic processes that can cause freezer burn.
- After blanching, immediately plunge the turnips into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Once they’re cooled, drain the turnips and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Finally, place the turnips in an airtight freezer bag and label it with the date before putting it in the freezer.
And that’s it! With this simple method, you can enjoy fresh-tasting turnips all year round.
Turnips are a delicious and versatile root vegetable that can be enjoyed all year round if you know how to properly freeze them. With this simple method you can have fresh-tasting turnips anytime you want them!